Discover Cape Cod on a guided horseback tour!
Esperanza Riding Company offers 1.5 hour horseback tours from May to October. Horses are “naturally gaited Paso Fino horses” and are known as “the smoothest riding horses in the world” so don’t let your lack of horseback riding experience stop you from taking this amazing tour.
Here’s what you need to know before you set out for an adventure with the Esperanza Riding Company:
- Trail rides are from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM by reservation only.
- Trail rides begin at the Esperanza Riding Company farm which is located off historic 6A in East Sandwich. The trail travels from the farm through a neighboring trail system and to nearby beaches.
- Riders have to be at least 8 years old.
- Riders do not need previous horseback riding experience.
- For the safety of the horses, there is a 220 pound weight limit.
- Each tour is led by an experienced guide.
- There is a maximum of five people in each tour group.
- Private tours are available.
- Each trail ride takes guests on a trail that leads through woodlands and meadows, by ponds and oceans.
Available Trail Options:
The Scenic Trail Ride
A 1 ½ hour trail ride through wooded trails, views of the Cape. Tour allows those with more horseback riding experience to gallop at the end of the trail ride. The cost is $90 per person
The Beach Ride
Horses a taken to the site by trailer for this two-hour trail ride on the beach. The tour takes guests along the beach and across tidal flats. Tour times vary according to the tides and tours are not available on weekend. This tour is popular so advanced reservations are required and it is strongly recommended to make the reservations in advance. The cost is $175 per person
The Family Farm Ride
This 25 minute ride is perfect for families. Take a guided tour on the farm with the trails through the woods and open pastures with water views and enjoy the beautiful scenery while letting the kids get in a fun horseback ride. The cost is $40 per person.
Pony rides are available for the younger children. Rides last for approximately 15-minutes. The cost is $20 per child.
What are Esperanza Riding Company guests saying?
“We had a special ride on the beach…it was spectacular and the horses were well behaved and fun. Elizabeth was personal and knowledgeable; that made our evening one of many to come!” ~ Melanie S.
“Just a quick note to thank you for the wonderful service we received. I had three young girls with me who had never ridden a horse before. Caitlin was a wonderful guide, and she made the girls relax, feel confident and enjoy their ride. Of course they all left asking when we will be coming back so they can ride the same horses! Thanks again.” ~Ruben
“Thank you again for a WONDERFUL ride. We had a fantastic time and will definitely be back next August!” ~Kathleen L.